Kopaczka Gebrüder Lesser Posen Schutzmarke Original Harder

Wszystko o konnych maszynach
Awatar użytkownika
Ursus
Kontakt:

Kopaczka Gebrüder Lesser Posen Schutzmarke Original Harder

Post autor: Ursus »

Udało nam się kupić ostatnio ciekawą kopaczkę, nie znaliśmy jej marki, ale udało się to ustalić dzięki pomocy jednego z Widzów. Pomyślałem, że warto wrzucić tu info bo w Internecie jest bardzo mało informacji, a może ktoś też szuka producenta swojej maszyny i ma takie oznaczenia jak u nas.

Film gdzie więcej kopaczki widać: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypm5D38k_SU

A tu oznaczenia z innej kopaczki znalezionej w Internecie i zbliżenia na nasze oznaczenia
Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek
Zetor 25, Zetor 25A, Zetor 25K, Zetor 50 Super, Zetor 3011 Major, Ursus C-325, Ursus C-328, Ursus C-4011, Ursus C-308, Dzik 2, Dzik 21, Robi 151, żniwiarka, silniki stacjonarne, snopowiązałki, młocarnia i wiele innych...
oldpotatomachine

Re: Kopaczka Gebrüder Lesser Posen Schutzmarke Original Harder

Post autor: oldpotatomachine »

Sorry only English this time.

I found this post on Google and tried to figure it out somehow with Google translate. I actually own same kind of Gebruder Lesser potato harvester, your machine is little bit modified later time I believe, my machine is probalby missing one (obsolete?) part. Unfortunately I didn't understand a word from youtube video presentation, but clearly we have same (or really close) machines.
2022_potatomachinet_005.jpg
In fact the machine was still in use roughly 25years ago for our small family potato yard, of course pulled by tractor. My father remembers, that old times before tractors were widely used the potato harvester was pulled by 2 horses. Legend says that this particular machine was the first potato harvesting machine in our region and therefore widely used around the region (unfortunately no documents about it).

You probably found US Patent for the machine from Google (https://patents.google.com/patent/US1169172A/), there you can see original figures and 2 text pages. Patent was applied 1914 and granted 1916. Similar machine has been in auction (in Netherlands?, no idea what year), good images here https://www.onlineveilingmeester.nl/en/ ... nal-harder

Your machine is missing wooden "sticks" which keep the spikes perpendicular to soil all the time. I remember they were quite prone to break if you were pulling too fast with tractor. Despite you tried to lubricate the "sticks" inside the upward ring they tended to somehow tangle and break, but they were simple to replace.
2022_potatomachinet_001.jpg
2022_potatomachinet_002.jpg
My machine was under a spruce tree for at least 2 decades (running little more modern potato machine on family yard nowadays ;-) ), last summer we decided to restore it a little bit and maybe use it in small exhibition run next summer, who knows :-)

Hope this helps, nice to know there are at least 3 machines still in the world :D
Awatar użytkownika
Ursus
Kontakt:

Post autor: Ursus »

Dziękuję za Twoją wiadomość. Napiszę po polsku, bo na pewno skorzystasz z Translatora Google.
Takie miałem podejrzenia co do przerobionej "gwiazdy" w naszej kopaczce. Cieszę się jeszcze bardziej z tego powodu, bo zawsze mi się te kopaczki podobały. Będę miał więcej zapału, aby ją odrestaurować.

Jesteś w stanie mniej więcej oszacować rok produkcji Twojej kopaczki?
Zetor 25, Zetor 25A, Zetor 25K, Zetor 50 Super, Zetor 3011 Major, Ursus C-325, Ursus C-328, Ursus C-4011, Ursus C-308, Dzik 2, Dzik 21, Robi 151, żniwiarka, silniki stacjonarne, snopowiązałki, młocarnia i wiele innych...
oldpotatomachine

The year would intrest me, too. Unfortunately no idea... Gebruder Lesser was working I believe 1908-1922 and machine was patented 1916, so probably there is quite small window for manufacturing years. I am no expert nor historian, so this is just guesswork, but I think you could quite probably say roughly WWI years plus few more years. I have no idea whether companies those days were making and selling machines before they got patent application accepted?

It is possible (and highly likely), that my machine has been owned by same family since it was first bought. My father (now on his 80's) knows the history after 1940's, I'll make sure that this machine won't end up in scrap heap ever.
2022_potatomachinet_003.jpg
And yes, there is something else in the old - mechanical - machines. This potato harvester is same time surprisingly complex, but at the same time geniously simple. You can only smile when you look at these :-)

Here are the figures from patent document. Wilhelm Adalbert Lippitz was assosiated with Gebruder Lesser fabrik, probably main engineer or lawyer helping for the patent? Very little information about him either. Lesser family and Lippitz were Jewish people I guess, those days it was still safe...
US1169172-1.png
US1169172-2.png
I tried to google thing from many coners, but very little information can be easily found. Gebruder Lesser was apparently sold to (company?) Cegielski, does it make any sense? Quite difficult to try to follow everything with google translate :) Something that direction from page https://wielkopolskahistorycznie.pl/202 ... osci-cz-2/

If you find something more or have some clues where to find more information please post here, I'll try to remember visit page later :)

I have seen one quite similar machine in a farming museum in Finland, but all I can remember it was manufactured in Lubeck. I'll try to find image from my archives some day...
oldpotatomachine

In fact I found the image of different but extremely familiar potato machine, and the mystery gets intresting :)
originalharder_lubeck.jpg
Key here is the name Georg Harder in Lubeck. There is some information about his company and *very* familiar machine in advertisement from year 1908/1911, see http://www.landtechnik-historisch.de/hi ... rik-georg/ !
I don't get how Lesser brothers got US Patent 1916 for a machine, which was sold by George Harder years earlier... But the name Lesser in your and my machine probably makes it easier to guess the manufacturing years, because Lesser brothers company was quite short-lived :)
ODPOWIEDZ